Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I work on top of designers


Is my heading the quote of a lesser known smutty supermodel?

No, my dear friends, it is a Jo Hamilton original and refers to my place of work – Pacific Place in Honky Tonk town.

Pacific Place is a fantastically massive shopping mall ('mall' is the only way I feel I can describe this place), and is filled to the brim with designer gear and niche boutique stores.

Picture old Joey from Sydney Town, walking around smiling like an r-tard, staring in the windows of Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik (!!!), Burberry, Escada, Salvatore Ferragamo and more, more, MORE!

I know we've all seen these places before, but not all in the one joint people! And not bloody well underneath your work. It's rad!

So now instead of aimlessly walking into 'SES' at Wynyard ramp, I am shamelessly striding into Chanel and Hermes.

My new favourite game is to walk in, unfold things, hold them up to myself, look totally displeased, then drop it back in its place with a slight 'tsk' . . . then I look down my nose at the lady in the store and say 'Not for me daahhling . . . yes, bay (bye).'

Aaaghhh Joanne, have you no dignity? No respect? No polish?

No.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joey, move to Honkers and you've changed! No come to think of it - no you haven't :)

Rach said...

does this come in size 79,000?? pffffft.... call me when it does.